Campus : Overview
R.V School of Architecture provides a congenial setting for the study of Architecture as a professional and creative discipline. RVSA being 4500sqm in area is currently located in RVCE campus and is designed to facilitate and augment the pedagogy of architecture through interactive and creative setting of studios, theory rooms, exhibition areas, seminar halls, library, computer lab and other areas. The architectural design of the school caters to the creative aspirations of the course while bringing in the rigour needed for the same. The layout of the school encourages interaction among students and breaks down the barrier between faculty and students aiding a cordial learning atmosphere. While most of the facilities are exclusive to the School, some of them are shared with the rest of the campus.
Facilities available in the School
- 9 Studios with space for vertical display, drafting tables, stools and storage facility for students’ stationery for B.Arch Programme.
- Two studios with computing facilities for M.Arch Programme (Urban Design).
- 6 Lecture Halls with Audi-vide facility.
- Seminar hall with 120 seating capacity with Audi-vide facility.
- Exhibition Hall for permanent display of students’ works.
- Materials Museum for display of building materials and fixtures.
- Computer lab with 60, P4 systems and latest architectural soft wares.
- Departmental Library.
- Faculty rooms.
- Landscaped courtyards.
- Open Air Theater for gatherings (200 capacity).
- Construction Yard for technology demonstration.
- Central Library with books and journals on architecture including digital library.
- Structural Engineering Laboratory.
- Surveying Laboratory.
- Environmental Laboratory.
- Carpentry Workshop.
- Browsing centre.
- Photocopying facilities.
- College Auditorium.
- Indoor and Our door Sports facilities.
- College office.
- Medical facilities including Clinic and Pharmacy.
- Bank and Post office.